
smile nod and laugh
embarrassed at our mutual unspoken attraction
sit and stay
spend the day
finding out who I am
and why I like you.
Learning my likes and loves
and telling me yours.
hold my hand and let me
know you through lingering meeting
of your new eyes
through the gray passing of voices and faces
buzzing around us
pushing time onward
but we agree it should stay
for a little
at least.
smile wishingly and let us
learn each other well
and quickly
unknowing history and why
and money and
laundry and garbage
and empty coffee cups and
gas tanks.
staying in today longer than we should be allowed.
putting away your last loves and my
unrealized romances.
because we are we and new
and you’re with me
and I
like you.
---------------------------------
that melody.
it won't leave me alone
soaring and catching my thoughts mid-stride
so brown and green and ancient
lilting my longings out for
everyone to hear and misunderstand.
high and tall
a cry a call
begging my surrender
asking me to fall.
blood and honor far away
years and kings and dark and day
love and touch and hate and cry
live a little want to die
chase a banner just to chase
give it all for just a taste
on the wind beneath the grey
cold and close and on the way
catch the song and call it mine
travel past the edge of time
sell my soul
in winning lose.
all I have to do is choose.

No comments:
Post a Comment